WELCOME TO CLASS 2's WEBPAGE!
Above - Oscar & Madison - our School Councillors
*Please scroll down to see more photos*
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistants: Mrs Kelsall, Mrs Biddle
PE: Wednesday and Thursday afternoon
Curriculum Summary Autumn 2 2017
Welcome back. I hope you had a lovely half term break and the children are refreshed and ready for this exciting half term.
Topics this term include a history topic studying ‘Guy Fawkes’, a science topic studying ‘Materials’ and of course ‘Christmas’.
- Counting in forwards and backwards from any number within 100
- Counting in two’s fives and tens
- place value – finding 1 or 10 more or less than a number
- doubling and halving
- understanding subtraction as the inverse of addition
- understanding subtraction as ‘difference’
- Naming and describing the properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Investigating and learning number bonds
- Fractions – finding ½ or ¼ of a shape or quantity
- Time – days of the week, sequencing events, telling the time to the ½ or ¼ hour.
- Reading and understanding stories, instructions and poems linked to our topics
- Reading/spelling words with different representations of the same sound e.g. ay/ai, ir/er, ow/ou
- Handwriting – forming all letters using correctly, positioning letters on the line (Y1&Y2) beginning to join letters (Y2)
- Grammar & Punctuation – Using full stops, question marks and exclamation marks. Using capital letters for proper nouns.
- Writing – simple stories based on stories read, poems and instructions
- Composing sentences aurally prior to writing, rereading sentences to check they make sense
- Naming different materials
- Sorting materials based on their properties
- Investigating which materials are waterproof
- Changing materials
- Finding out about Guy Fawkes from different sources
- Learning from the story of the Gunpowder Plot
- Why should we remember Bonfire Night?
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Identifying feelings - worried, happy, sad, frightened, excited
- Recognising how others are feeling
- Finding ways to calm down when we are upset or scared
Religious Education (RE)
- Special times and celebrations
- The Christmas story
- Why Christians give and receive gifts at Christmas
- The story of Hannukah
- The significance of light during Hannukah
- Gymnastics – using shape, direction and balance, sequencing movements
- Games – developing ball skills
- Dance – using inspiration from music to create dances
- Using pastels/chalk to create a firework picture
- Exploring collage using a variety of materials and techniques
- Joining materials
- Simple programming
- Using 2paint to create pictures
- Learning songs for our Christmas show
- Exploring rhythm
- Playing percussion instruments
If you have any questions about the curriculum or would like further information please come and speak to me.
Thanking you for your support
Below - Monday lunchtime, 20th November - we had a visitor outside our classroom!
Below - our fantastic 'Rainy Days' hall display (photo taken by Daisy, Class 9)
Below - our terrific classroom display of photographs & artwork in the style of Andy Warhol