WELCOME TO CLASS 2's WEBPAGE!
Winter to Spring
Above - our School Councillors
*Please scroll down to see more photos*
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistants: Mrs Kelsall, Mrs Biddle
PE: Wednesday and Thursday afternoon
Class 2 Curriculum Summary Spring 2 2018
This term our main topic will be ‘Hot Places’. The children will be studying Africa, finding out about its geographical features and the animals that live there; the children are very excited about our trip to Blackpool Zoo!
- Identifying the range of animals that live in Africa
- Grouping animals
- Identifying mammals, birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles
- Sorting African animals into herbivores and carnivores
- Locating Africa on the globe/maps
- Identifying physical and human features
- Comparing an African town with Bury
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Recognising bullying
- Identifying how someone who is being bullied feels
- Knowing who you can talk to if you are unhappy
Religious Education (RE)
- Sunday as a special day for Christians
- How Christians worship
- The Easter story and its significance for Christians
- Gymnastics – exploring ways of travelling, using different body shapes
- Dance – African Dance
- Studying the work Edward Tinga Tinga
- Creating pictures in the style of ‘Tinga Tinga’
- Designing and making a puppet of an African animal.
- Using 2go to program simple directions
- Using text and multimedia to write postcards
- Singing simple songs from memory
- Exploring dynamics and tempo
- Playing instruments to the beat and rhythm
- Counting on and back in ones, two, threes, fives and tens, completing number sequences
- Estimating numbers on a number line
- Learning number bonds and using facts to solve missing number problems
- Solving multiplication and division problems using pictures and objects
- Understanding units of time – seconds, minutes, hours, days, months
- Identifying the standard units used to measure length, mass and capacity
- Describing 3D shapes using ‘vertices’ ‘edges’ ‘faces’
- Describing turns – ¼ ½ ¾, right angle turns, clockwise and anticlockwise
- Reading and writing stories with patterned language related to our topic
- Discussing stories read, completing comprehension style questions (Year 2)
- Writing speech bubbles, post – cards, descriptions and riddles linked to stories read.
- Phonics- different ways of representing vowel sounds e.g. ‘ai’ ‘ay’ ‘a-e’ ‘ae’ (Year 1)
- Handwriting – forming all letters correctly, letters which hang under the line, forming numerals , joining letters (Year2)
- Grammar & Punctuation – Using full stops, capital letters, question marks and exclamation marks.
- Use of adjectives to describe.
- Using apostrophes for belonging e.g. The dog’s bone and commas in lists (Year 2)
I hope you find this information useful, please come and speak to me if you need any help or further advice.
Thanking you for your support
Below - our terrific 'Mythical Beasts' hall display
Below - more of our Mythical Beasts outside our classroom!
Below - A few photos from last term starting with a lunchtime visitor outside our classroom!
Below - our fantastic 'Rainy Days' hall display (photo taken by Daisy, Class 9)
Below - our terrific classroom display of photographs & artwork in the style of Andy Warhol