CLASS 2's WEBPAGE!
I hope you had a lovely half term break and the children are refreshed and ready for this exciting half term.
Autumn to Winter
Above - our representatives on the School Council
*Please scroll down to see more photos*
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistant: Mrs Kelsall
PE: Thursday and Friday afternoons
Miss Newton teaches on Tuesday and Friday afternoons in Class 2
Mrs Barker teaches on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons in class 2.
Class 2 Curriculum Summary Autumn 2 2018
Topics this term include a Geography topic studying ‘Jamaica’, a Science topic studying ‘Habitats’ and of course ‘Christmas’.
- Counting in two’s fives and tens
- place value – finding 1 or 10 more or less than a number
- doubling and halving
- understanding subtraction as the inverse of addition
- understanding subtraction as ‘difference’
- Naming and describing the properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Investigating and learning number bonds
- Fractions – finding ½ or ¼ of a shape or quantity
- Time – days of the week, sequencing events, telling the time to the ½ or ¼ hour.
- Reading and understanding stories, instructions and poems linked to our topics
- Reading/spelling words with different representations of the same sound e.g. ay/ai, ir/er, ow/ou
- Handwriting – forming all letters using correctly, positioning letters on the line (Y1&Y2) beginning to join letters (Y2)
- Grammar & Punctuation – Using full stops, question marks and exclamation marks. Using capital letters for proper nouns. Identifying nouns, verbs and adverbs.
- Writing – simple stories, poems and instructions
- Exploring the difference between things that are dead, alive or that have never been alive
- Studying different habitats – naming the animals and plants that live there
- Describing how habitats provide for the basic needs of different kinds of animals and plants
- Simple food chains
- Naming the continents and oceans
- Locating Jamaica on a map and studying it’s geographical features
- Comparing Jamaica with the UK
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Identifying feelings how to manage them - worried, scared, upset
- Understanding how it feels to be relaxed
- Understanding what ‘bullying’ is and what to do if you feel you are being bullied
Religious Education (RE)
- Special times and celebrations
- Why Christians give gifts at Christmas
- How and why Hannukah is celebrated
- Gymnastics – using shape, direction and balance, sequencing movements
- Dance – using inspiration from ‘the sea’ to create dances
- Designing and making a fruit kebab
- Creating pictures relating to our topic of Jamaica.
- Christmas crafts
- Simple programming
- Using 2paint to create pictures
- Learning songs from Jamaica and for our Christmas Nativity
- Exploring rhythm and playing percussion instruments
If you have any questions about the curriculum or would like further information please come and speak to me.
Thanking you for your support
Dates for your diary for the remainder of the Autumn Term;-
Thursday 13th December - Christmas Jumper Day & Christmas Dinner.
Monday 17th December - Classes 1, 2 & 3 party.
Thursday 20th December - End of term - school closes at 2.30pm.