WELCOME TO CLASS 2's WEBPAGE!
Summer Term 2021
**Please scroll down for some HOME LEARNING links and a SEASIDE SONG**
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistants: Mrs Kelsall, Miss Davies and Miss Tudge
Miss Newton teaches on Friday afternoons in Class 2.
Mrs Barker teaches on Tuesday in Class 2.
PE: Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
Key dates for the remainder of the Summer Term;-
Friday 23rd July – End of term - school closes for the Summer Holiday, 2.20pm.
Curriculum Summary Summer 2 2021
This term the children will continue our topic studying ‘The Seaside’. The children will be finding out about the history of seaside towns and how seaside holidays have changed.
- Comparing the living, dead and things that have never been alive
- Exploring habitats and how animals are suited to their environment
- Finding out about microhabitats and how animals and plants depend on each other
- Studying food chains
- Asking questions about the past
- Using sources of evidence to find out about seaside holidays in the past
- Comparing seaside holidays then and now
- Using language to describe the passing of time
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Learning about relationships
- Using drama to explore feelings of happiness, sadness, anger, disgust and fear
- Thinking about our mental well being
Religious Education (RE)
- Comparing the Jewish and Christian faiths
- Finding out about ‘The Torah’ as a special book
- Exploring how Jews celebrate Shabbat
- Gymnastics – balance, travelling and sequencing movements
- Games – lacrosse skills
- Art and craft activities linked the seaside/nature
- Making puppets
- Using 2animate to make a moving picture
- Using text and multimedia
- Singing songs Linked to our topic
- Exploring rhythm, beat, tempo and volume
- Playing instruments to accompany songs
- Counting on and back in ones, two, threes, fives and tens from different starting numbers
- Understanding the relationship between addition and subtraction, solving missing number equations
- Choosing the correct strategy to solve word problems involving addition /subtraction
- Using arrays and images to multiply and divide
- Recognising the relationship between multiplication and division
- Starting to recite the 2X and 10x tables (Year 2)
- Solving multiplication and division problems including missing number problems
- Telling the time to the quarter hour(Y1) 5 minute interval (Y2)
- Measuring – reading a scale
- Recognising all coins, totalling coins (Y1) giving change (Y2)
- Finding ½ and ¼ of a number of objects (y1) finding ¾ 1/3 2/3 of a shape or number (Y2)
- Describing turns – ¼ ½ ¾ turns clockwise and anticlockwise, right angle turns (Y2)
- Identifying vertical symmetry
- Inferring meaning when reading; answering questions about what we read.
- Reading and writing recounts of real life events.
- Using fairy tales to explore characters, setting and story language.
- Phonics- different ways of representing vowel sounds
- Handwriting – forming all letters correctly including capital letters(Y1). Joining letters (Y2)
- Grammar & Punctuation –Using the past tense correctly. Spelling words ending with ing, er and est.
- Exploring time connectives used in stories and recounts. Using conjunctions ‘and’ ‘so’ ‘but’ ‘because’ ‘if’ and ‘that’ to extend sentences. Identifying and using adverbs.
I hope you find this information useful, please come and speak to me if you need any help or further advice.
Thanking you for your support
**Please keep scrolling down for a SEASIDE SONG!**
Tapestry is our main online learning resource.
Click on this link to log in.
In the event of school or 'bubble' closure, daily maths, literacy and phonics lessons will be posted here as well as a range of other curriculum subjects. Video lessons, power point presentations and instructions for parents, make these lessons fun and accessible for all.
Please share your child's work by taking a photo or video and send it via Tapestry.
Games and activities are also available on PurpleMash to support the topics we have been learning in school.
Click on the 'To Do' tick symbol to find these activities.
**Please let me know if you need your child's login details**
Your child can use 'PhonicsPlay' to help practice their reading skills.
Choose phase 3, 4 or 5 phonics games