WELCOME TO CLASS 2's WEBPAGE!
Above - our representatives on the School Council
*Please scroll down to see more photos*
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistants: Mrs Kelsall and Miss Luddon
PE: Thursday afternoon & Friday morning.
Miss Newton teaches on Tuesday and Friday afternoons in Class 2.
Mrs Barker teaches on Monday and Thursday afternoons in Class 2.
Upcoming events for remainder of the Autumn Term
Monday 11th November - 'Anti-bullying Week' begins.
Friday 29th November - SEAL round-up assembly - 'New Beginnings'.
Monday 2nd December - Penny Post begins.
Thursday 5th December - KS1 Production, 2.15pm.
Friday 6th December - Non-uniform Day. KS1 Production, 9.15am.
Saturday 7th December - Christmas Fair, 2.00pm-4.00pm.
Thursday 12th December - Christmas Dinner.
Friday 13th December - Christmas Jumper Day. Musical celebration, 4.00pm.
Monday 16th December - Class 1, 2 & 3 party.
Thursday 19th December - End of term - school closes at 2.30pm.
Class 2 Curriculum Summary Autumn 1 2019
I hope you had a lovely summer and your children are ready and eager to start the new school year. This is going to an exciting year for the children with lots of new topics to explore and new friends to make.
Our first topic is ‘All About Me’. Our Literacy, Science, History, PSHE and Art work relate directly to this topic.
- Counting up to 100 (Y1) and beyond (Y2)
- Counting in 2s 5s and 10s
- Finding 1 more or l less (Y1), finding 10 more and 10 less (Y2)
- Understanding place value to 20 (Y1) to 100 (Y2)
- Using + = - symbols (Y1)Comparing numbers using < > = symbols (Y2)
- Exploring number bonds to 10 (Y1) to 100 (Y2)
- Adding and subtracting a one digit number to a teen (Y1), to any 2 digit number (Y2)
- Time – days of the week, months of the year (Y1), sequencing intervals of time (Y2) telling time to half hour (Y1) to the quarter hour (Y2)
- Reading stories/ non-fiction texts and poems relating to our topic
- Reading/spelling key words and words with vowel sounds e.g.ai, oa, including alternative spellings (Y2)
- Handwriting – forming letters which start with an anticlockwise movement: c o a d g e f s (Y1) and beginning to join these letters (Y2)
- Grammar & Punctuation Y1 – identifying nouns and verbs, using full stops to demarcate sentences, using capital letters, using spaces between words
- Grammar and Punctuation Y2 – identifying nouns, verbs and adjectives, writing statements and questions, using noun phrases, using full stops, exclamation marks and question marks, using time connectives, using apostrophe’s for contracted words e.g. I’m, they’re
- Writing – writing labels, captions, stories and poems
- Composing sentences aurally prior to writing, rereading sentences to check they make sense and are punctuated correctly.
- Naming parts of human body
- Recognising the senses and associated body parts
- Making observations – similarities/ differences
- Sorting and classifying based on different criteria
- Understanding History and a sense of chronology
- Identifying events in personal history
- Creating a timeline of personal history
- Finding out about family history, creating a family tree
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Creating a safe and happy classroom
- Making friends and belonging to a community
- Identifying feelings; happy, sad, scared, upset and excited in self and others
- Finding ways to calm down when scared or upset
- Solving problems
- Keeping safe in PE , working co-operatively with a partner
- Gymnastics – using shape, direction and balance, sequencing movements
- Games – throwing and catching skills, simple competitive games
- Dance – using inspiration from music to create simple movement patterns
- Studying portraits and techniques
- Famous artists –Picasso, Andy Warhol
- Mixing colour to make different shades
- Using different media to complete portraits
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Andy Warhol (1928-1987)
- Using digital cameras to take portraits
- Using 2count program to make graphs and pictograms
- Using online activities to support work across the curriculum
- Singing songs, chants and rhymes linked to our topic
- Playing percussion instruments
If you have any questions about the curriculum or your child’s learning, please come and speak to me. I am looking forward to working with the children and making this an enjoyable and successful year.
Thanking you for your support
Below - our fantastic 'We've Got The Whole World In Our Hands' hall display!