WELCOME TO CLASS 2's WEBPAGE
Autumn 2 2020
Tapestry is our main online learning resource.
Click on this link to log in.
In the event of school or 'bubble' closure daily maths, literacy and phonics lessons will be posted here as well as range of other curriculum subjects. Video lessons, power point presentations and instructions for parents, make these lessons fun and accessible for all.
Please share your child's work by taking a photo or video and send it via Tapestry.
Games and activities are also available on purplemash to support the topics we have been learning in school.
Click on the 'To Do' tick symbol to find these activities.
Please let me know if you need your chid's login details.
Your child can use 'phonicsplay' to help practice their letters and sounds.
Choose phase 3 and 4 phonics games for Year 1
Choose Phase 3, 4 and 5 games are for Year 2.
Class teacher: Mrs. Percival
Teaching assistants: Mrs Kelsall, Miss Davies and Miss Tudge
Miss Newton teaches on Friday afternoons in Class 2.
Mrs Barker teaches on Tuesday in Class 2.
PE: Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
Autumn 2 Curriculum Summary
I hope you had a safe and relaxing half term break and the children are ready for this exciting half term.
Thank you so much for your support during our recent closure. I loved seeing all the children's amazing work on Tapestry and watching their videos. Your help and support during 'remote learning' really does make a difference to your child's progress and ensures continuity in their learning.
Topics this term include a Geography topic studying ‘Jamaica’, a Science topic studying ‘Habitats’ and of course ‘Christmas’.
- Counting in two’s fives and tens
- place value – finding 1 or 10 more or less than a number
- doubling and halving
- understanding subtraction as the inverse of addition
- understanding subtraction as ‘difference’
- Naming and describing the properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Investigating and learning number bonds
- Using objects, arrays, pictures to solve multiplication and division problems.
- Reading and understanding stories, instructions and poems linked to our topics
- Reading/spelling words with different representations of the same sound e.g. ay/ai, ir/er, ow/ou
- Handwriting – forming all letters using correctly, positioning letters on the line (Y1&Y2) beginning to join letters (Y2)
- Grammar & Punctuation – Using full stops, question marks and exclamation marks. Using capital letters for proper nouns. Identifying nouns, verbs and adverbs.
- Writing – simple stories, poems and instructions
- Exploring the difference between things that are dead, alive or that have never been alive
- Studying different habitats – naming the animals and plants that live there
- Describing how habitats provide for the basic needs of different kinds of animals and plants
- Simple food chains
- Naming the continents and oceans
- Locating Jamaica on a map and studying it’s geographical features
- Comparing Jamaica with the UK
Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Identifying similarities and differences in each other
- Understanding how differences make us special and unique
- Exploring why differences can make some people bully other people
- Discovering why gender stereotyping is unfair
Religious Education (RE)
- Special times and celebrations
- Why Christians give gifts at Christmas
- How and why Hannukah is celebrated
- Games - netball skills ; throwing and catching, aiming, shooting
- Fitness - circuit training
- Designing and making a fruit kebab
- Creating pictures relating to our topic of Jamaica.
- Making Christmas cards
- Simple programming
- Using 2paint to create pictures
- Learning songs from Jamaica and songs to celebrate to Christmas
- Exploring rhythm and playing percussion instruments
If you have any questions about the curriculum or would like further information please come and speak to me. You can phone or make an appointment at the school office if you prefer.
Thanking you for your support