WELCOME TO CLASS 4's WEBPAGE
- Reading must take place, with an adult, every day/evening to ensure progress. An adult should record pages read and provide a note about the reading activity.
- PE and Games will require a kit in school AT ALL TIMES, please.
- Games will take place on a Tuesday afternoon, whilst PE will occur on Wednesday mornings.
In English we will be
Carry on reading together!
For English, the single most important thing that you can do to help your child progress, is to hear your child read. Good readers make good writers because they are exposed to a greater variety of vocabulary, syntax, grammar and style. When you listen to your child read, there are a number of things to remember:
- Make it fun! Use silly voices and read to each other as well as just listening.
- Ask questions about the text, the characters, the plot, the setting, the style of writing, the words. Anything to get them to think about what they are reading and understand the language and the deeper hidden messages in the sub-text.
- Read a wide range of writing — from comics to newspapers; from novels to Pokémon cards; and even the children’s own writing!
- Look up individual words in a dictionary or thesaurus together to find out what they mean.
- Stop if they or you are tired!
- Be a good role model for reading yourself. This is the perfect excuse to curl up on the sofa, forget the chores and read a good book yourself!
This term we will be covering
We will be following the Jigsaw theme of
Our focus this term will be on
In Science we will be
Music is taught by Miss Newton who will teach the class new songs, dances and how to use instruments.
P.E. - Our focus in P.E is
The topics being covered over the Summer Term are
Our focus this term
ICT will be taught within the classroom in accordance with National Curriculum and safety rules. This term, we will be focusing on
FRENCH is taught weekly by Madame Binns. Le français est enseigné chaque semaine par Mme Binns.
Dates for your diary for the 2nd half of the Summer Term are;-
Tuesday 6th June - School reopens for the 2nd half of the Summer Term.
Thursday 15th June - Class photos will be taken this morning.
Friday 24th July - End of term; school closes at 2.30pm.